Coronavirus Covid-19 - Information for vacationers
There are different rules for entering different destinations, Just contact us for more information Return journey When you return to Austria, Germany or Switzerland, safety measures still apply from some countries, which include a medical test for the coronavirus (which must not be older than 4 days) or a two-week home quarantine. If you are coming back from a country that requires a negative Covid-19 test when you return, you can do this at Vienna Airport.
Can the vacation be canceled free of charge?
If you want to cancel a trip or a hotel stay and there is no travel warning from the Austrian Foreign Ministry for the booked destination, you will have to pay the cancellation fees yourself.
Entry information for popular holiday destinations (as of September 20, 2020.)
- Egypt: return trip possible under certain conditions (existing travel warning).
- Dominican Republic: Entry possible (existing travel warning).
- Dubai: Entry possible.
- Greece: full freedom of travel.
- Italy: full freedom of travel.
- Croatia: Travel warning since August 17, 2020.
- Maldives: Entry possible (existing travel warning).
- Mexico: Entry possible.
- Austria: full freedom of travel (note exceptions).
- Portugal: return trip possible under certain conditions.
- Seychelles: Entry possible.
- Spain: partial travel warning (note exceptions).
- Turkey: Entry possible (existing travel warning).
- Zypern : entry only from Germany possible.
Egypt - Corona Entry Requirements
A travel warning applies to all of Egypt. A lifting of this is currently not in sight.
- The airports in Egypt resumed operations on July 1, 2020.
- No PCR test is required when entering via the airports of Sharm El Sheikh, Taba, Hurghada, Marsa Alam and Marsa Matrouh.
- Travelers must fill out an immigration card on arrival and provide evidence of sufficient travel health insurance. There are health checks with temperature measurements.
- Depending on the investigation, further measures, possibly including quarantine, may be taken.
- To Austria: A negative PCR test (not older than 72 hours) must be presented on the return journey. If this cannot be achieved, a test must be initiated within 48 hours and you must go to home quarantine until the result is available. If the test result is negative, the quarantine can be ended early.
- To Germany: Return from Egypt only with a compulsory, free Covid test
- To Switzerland: no restrictions
- The Best tours does not guarantee the correctness of the information as well as its
timeliness and completeness. We have carefully compiled this information to keep you
Please note that the entry regulations change at short notice or can be treated
individually. Only the responsible embassy or one of the responsible consulates general
can provide legally binding information and advice and / or information and advice going
beyond this information. Find out in good time.
Citizens of the Schengen area can travel without borders within the member states. It is
recommended to have travel documents (passport / identity card) with you. In individual
cases and exceptional situations there may be controls and it is possible that you have to
Further information: please contact us on (firstname.lastname@example.org) or
(+43 681 10751 648)